Daily Harvest vs. Green Blender – Superfood Delivery Service Comparison for 2020
Daily Harvest is a subscription service that delivers recipes with pre-measured ingredients for smoothies, oatmeals, soups, bites, lattes, and much more! At the moment, the company ships nationwide with no shipping fees! All ingredients are highly-nutritive and ideal for a morning energy boost! If you are not a morning person and it takes you a lot of time to prepare the ingredients for a smoothie, go to their website and check out the fantastic offer of more than 40 recipes each week!
- Delivery Area: 48 States
- Average Price: $7.30 Per Serving
- Shipping Cost: $0
Green Blender is another delivery service helping you to maintain a healthy lifestyle without spending mornings in the kitchen! Consider this smoothie and superfood cereal kits as a breakfast option to give your family a proper and nutritious meal! Each week you can choose five out of eleven easy-to-follow recipes! Shipping is free and average prices are better than on Daily Harvest Menus, so keep reading to see for yourself is it worth it!
- Delivery Area: 46 States
- Average Price: $4.40 Per Serving
- Shipping Cost: $0
Plan & Pricing
Weekly Plan $6.99 - $7.75 / serving
• Servings: 9 cups; Price Per Serving: $7.75; Price Per Week: $69.75
• Servings: 12 cups; Price Per Serving: $7.49; Price Per Week: $89.88
• Servings: 24 cups; Price Per Serving: $6.99; Price Per Week: $167.76
Monthly Plan $6.99 / serving
• Servings: 24; Price Per Month: $167.76
Fresh Start Plan $4.90 / serving
• Servings: 10; Price Per Week: $49
Monthly Challenge Plan $4.40 / serving
• Servings: 10; Price Per Week: $176
Healthy Habit Plan $4.90 / serving
• Servings: 10; Price Per Week: $468
- Beet + Avocado Poke Harvest Bowl
- Banana + Greens Smoothie
- Cinnamon + Banana Oat Bowl
- Broccoli + Cheeze Harvest Bowl
- Kiwi Pear Power Smoothie
- Turmeric Ginger Refresh Smoothie
- Blue Pineapple Smoothie
- Berry Protein Superfood Cereal
Daily Harvest, besides smoothies, has to offer oat bowl, chia bowl, harvest bowls, lattes, bites, soups, and so much more! Each week there’s more than 40 innovative recipes to choose from. Customers with strict dietary nutrition can also order due to gluten, dairy, and soy-free recipes!
Green Blender’s recipes contain two servings (12 oz. per serving), so by ordering five recipes per week, you get ten servings! Whether you go with the smoothie kits or cereals, you shouldn’t miss superfoods! Green Blender variety in food options isn’t good as Daily Harvest’s, and they’re not appropriate for people on a specific diet.
The Quality of the Ingredients
Daily Harvest sources all-natural, most nourishing food – fruits, vegetables, and superfoods! Partners are local farmers who provide organic and Non-GMO ingredients! Freezing technology of fruits and vegetables is keeping all that is good inside them so that you can eat blueberry and many other smoothies during the entire year! Green Blender provides organic ingredients from nearby farms, as well!
Team of nutritionists and in-house chefs make sure each portion is perfectly balanced and delicious at the same time! The average amount of calories in one smoothie cup is 40-290, depending on the ingredients. While Daily Harvest has many dietary options on the Menu, Green Blender’s offer isn’t so good. Both have superfoods on the menu, but Green Blender offers those hard to find, such as pea protein, matcha, lucuma, etc. Neither one of these delivery services is appropriate for people with severe allergies, due to contact with all major allergens in the kitchen facilities!
With Daily Harvest food, preparation depends on the specific meal, so make sure to follow instructions! Smoothies take only a few seconds to blend, but soups can take several minutes. Either way, it’s effortless and fast!
Green Blender smoothies include ready-to-blend measured ingredients, so it will take only a few minutes to prepare them. Add some water and turn your blender on! However, with cereals, you can go two ways – leaving them overnight or make an instant meal in the morning.
Daily Harvest products which come frozen should be placed into frozen storage immediately after being delivered. The delivery box is filled with dry ice to keep food frozen and fruits and vegetables fresh! Boxes are being shipped from three centers – Midwest, East Coast, and West Coast. Daily Harvest smoothies are available only for online orders.
Both Daily Harvest and Green Blender manage to deliver certain fruits during the whole year thanks to a freezing technology that keeps their goodness (e.g., blueberries have 200% more vitamin C when frozen vs fresh after three days).
Customer Support & Service
- Switching plans – Make a change with switching to another Plan. Do it before cutoff time!
- Cancellation – Edit or skip delivery until 6 PM ET on Sunday before next week’s delivery!
- Refunds – Send an email to the Customer Service team within seven days of delivery date if you’re not satisfied with products! The company may require photographic documentation of items.
- Gift – Send a Gift Card or a nine-cup Gift Box! The minimum amount of credit is $75.
- Free Trial – From time to time, Daily Harvest gives a free trial of certain subscriptions.
- Customizable – Customization is possible!
- Switching plans – Switch to a different Plan on your account or by phone!
- Cancellation – Skip, pause, or cancel subscription free-of-charge within deadlines!
- Refunds – Dissatisfied customers will get a partial or full credit, or a refund of the purchase price. Contact the company by email within a week after the delivery date.
- Gift – Surprise a loving person with a gift of Green Blender! Gift Cards start at $49 worth credit!
- Free Trial – Green Blender may offer free trials or discounts for some time (from time to time).
- Customizable – Customization is possible with Green Blender if you make changes five days before your delivery date!
Today we reviewed two delivery services, both perfect for boosting your energy in the morning with a healthy smoothie or superfoods cereal meal. With these recipes, you will improve a daily intake of vitamins and fibers, as well. There’s a difference in pricing between Daily Harvest and Green Blender – the second one is cheaper. But, with each advantage comes at least another one shortcoming! In this case, it’s Green Blender’s offer on the Menus. Daily Harvest, on the other hand, is appealing for most of the specific diets – gluten, dairy, soy. Shipping is free with both companies. Having more than 40 different types of recipes each week, Daily Harvest is our today winner!