Gobble slightly differs from other meal kit services in two “innovations”: ingredients are already washed, peeled and chopped, and you can get lunch kits for the whole week! This way, your dinner is made in 15 minutes (a record!) and lunches for one week ahead are ready in hour and a half! And, most important fact – meal recipes make you mouth water before even trying them!
- Delivery Area: 48 States
- Average Price: $11.99 Per Meal
- Shipping Cost: $6.99
Not only chefs wear blue aprons with this meal kit delivery service! When you get ingredients and a recipe card, you become a cook! Plus, with Blue Apron, you can enjoy cooking while having a glass of fantastic wine because there’s an option for wine delivery also!
- Delivery Area: Not all States (enter your zip code and check on website)
- Average Price: $9.53 Per Meal
- Shipping Cost: Free*
*only 2-serving meal twice a week delivery costs $7.99 per shipping
Plan & Pricing
- 2-Person Plan $11.99-$13.99 / serving
Servings: 2; Meals Per Week: 2, 3; Kit Prices: $55.96 to $71.94
- 4-Person Plan $11.99 / serving
Servings: 4; Meals Per Week: 3; Kit Price: $143.88
- Signature/Freestyle/or Vegetarian for 2 Plan $9.99 / serving
Servings: 2; Meals Per Week: 2, 3; Kit Prices: $47.95 to $59.94
- Signature for 4 Plan $8.15 / serving
Servings: 4; Meals Per Week: 2, 3,4; Kit Prices: $71.92 to $119.84
- Pan-Roasted Caribbean Chicken with Creole Rice & Braised Greens
- Pita Panzanella with Seared Halloumi Cheese & Harissa Vinaigrette
- Vietnamese Crispy Fish with Rice Noodles
- Seared steaks with lemon-parmesan kale & roasted potatoes
- Togarashi popcorn chicken with sweet chili cabbage slaw
- Pizza with mozzarella, fontina, and Grana Padano cheese
Gobble lunch program is ideal when you’re busy to cook each day for your family, so you order these ingredients and cook on weekends, leave it in the fridge and eat healthy all week long! Blue Apron has the advantage of a wine card which saves time for shopping, plus they match recipes perfectly! Also, there’s WeightWatchersReimagined Menu if you wish to lose some weight and change your lifestyle!
Gobble meal kits are designed for two or four people! These two plans both have same price – $11.99 per serving (plus shipping $6.99) with a minimum amount of 2 orders per week! But, if you order only twice a week, then the price of the meal is $13.99 per serving! Gobble features dinner programs and lunch programs with many various recipes!
Blue Apron delivers food and wine matching these recipes, so those are two main types of menus. The food menu features four different Meal Plans serving two to four people max. Prices are slightly higher on 2-person Menus.
The Quality of the Ingredients
Blue Apron seems to be more passionate about sourcing healthy ingredients! Their policy is only organic, Non-GMO vegetables, sustainable seafood recommended by Seafood Watch, meat-free of hormones or antibiotics! Gobble sources directly from local farmers, but there’s not much information! Blue Apron takes this category for being 100% transparent!
Eating healthy is nowadays not so hard with amazing meal kits like these two! Nutritionists help chefs to create recipes balanced in proteins, fats, carbs, and minerals! With Blue Apron only by clicking on the recipe, you can read all info about nutrition. Well- done Blue Apron!
Besides dinner and lunch, Gobble offers breakfast, salads, soups, and cookies. Vegetarian menu, global flavors, seafood menu, and kid-friendly meals are on both company’s menus. Neither Gobble nor Blue Apron doesn’t have specialized diet-menus (gluten, dairy, etc.) but they do offer customization, and you can exclude specific ingredients on your account! Gobble each week has few meals for dietary needs.
Details are to resolve the battle of companies in this category because there isn’t much to say about the packaging! Boxes are always well insulated, and food is on ice/gel packs, containers and bags are recyclable, and so is card box!
It’s the matter of a personal choice, but shipping fees can help you decide also! Our winner is Blue Apron with free shipping for almost all deliveries!
Customer Support & Service
- Switching plans – Customer can customize meals or switch to another program on their accounts!
- Cancellation – Cancel your weekly order, but do it on time!
- Refunds – Gobble has a strict policy, and you will get a refund if you contact them by phone/email within seven days from delivery date!
- Gift – Gift cards can be purchased with a minimum amount of $75 Gobble credit to redeem!
- Free Trial – Sign up and get 30% off your first order, plus free shipping on that week!
- Customizable – Customize each meal, exclude ingredients you don’t like in a specific recipe.
Customer can skip, customize, or cancel an order by a certain time (11:59 pm on Wednesday for your next week delivery)! If you do it later, a box is still coming to your address, and you are obligated to pay for it!
- Switching plans – Whenever you want to switch to another meal plan or program, do it on your account or call customer support team!
- Cancellation – Easily done on your account or by phone call.
- Refunds – Start a refund process if you aren’t satisfied with your order! Contact customer support team!
- Gift – Blue Apron Gift cards are always the best choice!
- Free Trial – Company offers a free trial (three meals for free).
- Customizable – Meal recipes are customizable.
In case of a refund situation, all products must be sent back to the company’s warehouse in original condition and packaging! Gift cards are optional – for wine or food; the minimum amount is $60 per gift!
Gobble has few pros we love – most important are already entirely prepared ingredients making cooking last 15 minutes, then healthy lunch meals, different side meals and amazing dinner recipes influenced by Italian, Chinese and Mexican cuisines! What we didn’t love at all is their pricing! The average price is $11.99 and price goes even higher if you order twice a week on 2-Person Plan! And, of course, don’t forget there’s shipping cost on top of it.
Blue Apron shipping price is $0, but if you order twice a week on 2-Person Plan, you need to pay extra shipping fee $7.99. Average meal prices are better than Gobble’s, and that is important considering Family Plan is a lot more money! Now, if we put money on the side, the quality of ingredients is one more vote from us to Blue Apron! Both Gobble and Blue Apron meal recipes are appealing, but ask yourself where do the ingredients come from? We did, and that’s why our winner is Blue Apron!