Hello Fresh is a meal kit delivery service that is very flexible, Vegetarian-friendly, and allergen-friendly. The great thing about it is that this company will offer its clients a variety of delicious meals that will suit your dietary needs. Not only they provide these tasty recipes, but they are also very affordable, which is good news for those with a limited budget.
- Shipping Cost: $0
- Average Price Per Meal: $9.99
- Delivery Area: 48 States
Green Chef is a meal kit delivery service that will provide you with many different food plans for a variety of diets. Their professional chefs always have some new creative recipe ideas for healthy and delicious dishes. These will undoubtedly satisfy anyone’s taste and appetite. Also, they have different diet programs, from vegetarians and vegans to meat lovers and Paleo eaters.
- Shipping Cost: $9
- Average Price Per Meal: $13.99
- Delivery Area: most locations in the continental United States, except Hawaii, Alaska and a few areas in Louisiana
Plan & Pricing
- Classic Plan $8.99 / serving
Offers 3-4 meals per one week for 2 or 4 people
- Veggie Plan $8.99 / serving
Perfect for two or four people with a choice of 3 recipes per one week
- Family Plan $8.74 / serving
Offers 2 to 3 meals per one week for four people
- Two Person Plan $14.99 / serving
Offers 2 to 3 meals per one week for four people
- Family Menu $12.99 / serving
Offers 3 meals per one week for four people
- Chickpea-Powered Mediterranean Couscous with Zucchini and Heirloom Grape Tomatoes
- Crushed Peppercorn Steak with Creamed Kale and Potato Wedges
- Figgy Balsamic Pork with Rosemary Potatoes and Roasted Green Beans
- One-Pan Pork Carnitas Tacos with Lime Crema, Onion and Lettuce
- Prosciutto-Wrapped Chicken over Truffle Mushroom Risotto
- Roasted carrots & barley, chard, garbanzo beans, & artichoke gremolata
- Korean veggie stir-fry, broccoli, shiitakes, bell pepper & edamame, rice
- Pecan-crusted barramundi, lemon-caper sauce, creamy collards, & roasted
- Caribbean spiced pork chops, pineapple-lime sauce, & collard-strewn cauliflower “rice
- Chicken with caper sauce, roasted broccoli with Parmesan cheese & olives
Naturally, when you are looking for the right meal service, you should take a look at meals they are offering. Every meal service has their type of menus, which they are using in a task of attracting various sorts of customers. This is probably the most important element, which should be improved by all of the meal services. This will be the key of their success in the future.
Green Chef offers seven different menus (gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian, carnivore, paleo, omnivore, and keto) to their customers. All of those menus are consisting up to three tasty meals you can choose from each week. Berlin-based meal service Hello Fresh offers food program that consists of fifteen recipes a week. Those recipes are set in three plans. There are eight meals in two-person Classic Plan, three in Vegetarian Plan, and four in Family plan.
Both of those services are offering a wide array of meals that taste really good, and more important, they are healthy. You can choose from various types of meat, vegetables, and seafood. In this category, our vote goes to the Hello Fresh. This is due to their higher diversity. Green Chef based itself only on a few types of dietary preferences. Hello Fresh targets much more “audience” than Green Chef.
Of course, if you want to have a healthy meal for you and your family or friends, you should make sure that the ingredients have the right quality. This is something that you should look out for when picking the right meal service for you. Both Green Chief and Hello Fresh are claiming that they have the ingredients of the highest quality possible.
Hello Fresh doesn’t claim that all of their ingredients are organic. However, they say that the quality of their ingredients is really high. Also, they are claiming that they are forcing vegetables and fruits in all of their meals. When it comes to the meat, it doesn’t contain additives and hormones. They pick pork and poultry from a few selected farms that are guaranteeing the quality of their products.
Green Chef has USDA certification, because of their ingredients. Their meals are made only of organic vegetables, collected from a chain of farms, fish shops, and ranches. This system offers a plethora of possibilities for Green Chef. In this category, we believe that Green Chef is a better option. You can be sure that their meals are organic and healthy. This is more than enough for us to give a thumbs up.
It is extremely important that the ingredients of your meal have a high nutritional value. It is simple logic if you have proper ingredients, your meal will be good enough. Every person should set up their dietary standard if we want to remain healthy. Naturally, if you choose this option, choosing the right meal service is of the utmost importance. Both of those services will provide you with healthy enough meals you can be sure of that.
As we already said, Green Chef offers a plethora of vegetables and fruits, which are coming with certification that they are quality and nutritional enough. The chefs from Green Chef and farmers are working pretty close. So, you can be pretty sure that the meal you will have at your table will be healthy and nutritional enough. Hello fresh has a collaboration with various farms that are producing certain amounts of healthy ingredients for their meals.
It’s hard to come with a decision in this category because both of these service’s ingredients are of the highest quality possible. Hello Fresh has a little setback because of not all of their ingredients are not organic. However, we fell that other elements are of really high quality. This is not something you can decide easily.
After we tried a few meals from each of these meal services, and we can say that both of them are top notch. They will offer you a plethora of options when it comes to recipes. Green Chef, like its name says, take a “greener” approach, and their recipes are made of fresh fruits and vegetables, which are like we said, picked from selected farms. Surely, you can find something that fits your dietary preferences and standards from twenty-one recipes a week.
Hello Fresh present somewhat different type of meals to its customers. We already talked an about plan in which are placed all fifteen recipes each week. One of these is called Veggie plan. You can see that Hello Fresh offers something for everybody. Both of these services are made of high-quality meats, fruits, vegetables, fish, and seafood. We must say that Hello Fresh wins in this category. Simply said, Hello Fresh recipes are more diverse than Green Chef’s. Green Chef targets very specific customer categories, different from Hello Fresh.
Hello Fresh packs their food and ingredients in special boxes. These packages include ice that will keep the meals fresh and cool when they arrive at your doorstep. The great thing about this insulated packaging is that it is designed with recycled materials.
They deliver food in 48 states, except Alaska and Hawaii.
Green Chef is a true green meal delivery service that really cares about the environment. They are teaching people about the food waste seriousness and put a great effort into this project. The great thing about their packaging and boxes is that they are either reusable or recyclable.
The company delivers almost everywhere in the continental United States. But, they are currently unable to deliver to Hawaii, parts of Louisiana, and Alaska.
Customer Support & Service
- Switching plans – Clients can change plans as it is an easy process. Also, they can choose a number of recipes received per week and the serving sizes.
- Cancellation – Hello Fresh allows you to skip or cancel a delivery week. But, bear in mind to cancel or pause by 11:59 PM PST 5 days before your next scheduled order.
- Refunds – If you aren’t satisfied with the meals or some ingredient, you could contact their customer service within the first 5 days. Hello Fresh will issue a partial or full refund for it.
- Gift – Through the company’s site or App, you may receive or buy Gift Cards.
- Free Trial – They sometimes offer vouchers, discount promotions, or free trials.
- Customizable – Their app and the site are user-friendly. Clients can easily change your food preferences, choose their weekly meals, change the payment method, and register.
- Switching plans – At Green Chef you can try different diets, switch weekly recipes, or stick to the one you find suitable for your lifestyle.
- Cancellation – Each customer is able to cancel the order when they aren’t satisfied with what’s on the menu, or they can just skip the weekly program.
- Refunds – If clients don’t like dish or ingredients, they can contact the company’s customer service team within 7 days after delivery, and they will solve this problem; either credit them the purchased price for that part of a meal or replace that affected portion at the company’s expense.
- Gift – They don’t offer gifts to their clients.
- Free Trial – Green Chef doesn’t provide offer free trials.
- Customizable – Customers can change their meal program whenever they want to, receive order every two or four weeks or skip a week.
Naturally, before we present you with our final decision, we needed to look at all of the advantages and disadvantages of these meal services. We must tell you that our decision was not an easy one, because of the high quality of both Green Chef and Hello Fresh services. Our decision is… wait for it… Hello Fresh. We really feel that our decision is based on solid facts.
After comparing prices, we can say that they are not that different, so this category is out of the question. Hello Fresh offers more possibilities for more customer groups than Green Chef, which focuses more on vegan, vegetarian, and few other. Offering different types of dishes will surely bring you more success than focusing on only some of the groups. We hope that our decision will influence yours. However, if that is not the case, we presented with you all need to know about both of these meal services.