A small, family butchery was founded a century ago in Omaha, Nebraska. After years of successful business, the family changed the name to Omaha Steaks, which today is one of the leading Meat Delivery Services! This retailer delivers the best cuts to institutional customers, restaurants, and hotels across the U.S! Products can be found in specific retailer stores, and you can order them online, as well.
- Delivery Area: All States, Canada, Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands
- Shipping Cost: $17.99 – $125.00
Nowadays, only 1% of consumed beef in the U.S. is 100% grass-fed. Mike Salguero, a founder of the ButcherBox, was inspired by this fact and amazing advantages of this high-quality beef. That is how he decided to start his own Meat Delivery Service. The company makes beef, heritage breed pork, and organic chicken to serve over 10.000 families each year with their Custom and Curated Meat Boxes!
- Delivery Area: 48 States
- Shipping Cost: $0
Plan & Pricing
- Steaks $34.99 - $99.99
$34.99 (6oz Butcher’s Cut Filet Mignons) to $99.00 (6oz Bison Filet Mignons)
- Meats $29.99 - $120.00
$29.99 (Tri-Tip Roast; serving 4) to $120.00 (Bone-In Frenched Prime Rib Roast; serving 4)
- Seafood $29.99
$29.99 (6oz Faroe Islands Salmon Fillets); $29.99 (6oz YellowFin Tuna Steaks)
- Meals $17.99 - $24.99
$17.99 (24oz Chicken & Sausage Florentine) to $24.99 (51 oz Pot Roast with Peas & Peppers)
- Desserts $13.99 - $16.99
$13.99 (4oz Triple Berry Tartlets) to $16.99 (3oz Creme Brulee)
- Wine $24.99 - $106.99
$24.99 (750 ml; Borgo Scopeto Chianti Classico) to $106.99 (750ml; Silver Oak Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon)
Custom Box - Tailored
- Classic Box $149 / month
9-14 lbs of meat = 30 meals (for individuals & small families)
- Big Box $270 / month
18-26 lbs of meat = 60 meals (for mid-sized families)
Curated Box Types - Mixed Box/ Beef & Pork/ Beef & Chicken/ All Beef
- Classic Box $129 / month
8-11 lbs of meat = 24 meals (for individuals & small families)
- Big Box $238 / month
16-22 lbs of meat = 48 meals (for mid-sized families)
- Pub-Style Cod
- Stuffed Sole with Scallops and Crabmeat
- Boneless Pork Chops
- NY Strip Steaks
- Chicken Drumsticks
- Whole Pork Tenderloin
Talking about meal options in this comparison, only Omaha Steaks can fulfill this type of desire! Categorized in several ways to ease your search on the Site, meals can be found under Single Serve Meals, Slow Cooker, One-Step Meals, etc. For those on a specific diet, gluten-free, paleo, or low-sodium meals are also part of the Meals Menu! If you are looking for starters & sides, order some of their delicious appetizers, soups, and stews.
ButcherBox, on the other hand, features meat-only Menus – a variety of different cuts! The most popular box is Custom Box – the customer chooses from 21 cuts of beef, pork, and chicken! Smoothie Box, as a healthy breakfast, is the only thing they ship beside flavorful meat!
When it comes to a good steak, it all starts with flawless sourcing practice! Butchers at Omaha Steaks hand pick, age, and trim every piece of meat! There are two options for aging beef – dry and wet aging. Their beef is grain-fed and always aged for at least 21 days, so all flavors are unlocked!
ButcherBox team pays a lot of attention to the natural tendencies of chicken, hogs, and cattle, which are all humanely raised and high quality! Beef is a source of vitamins, omega 3’s, and minerals, and at ButcherBox, beef is only grass-fed! Heritage Breed pigs – duroc, Berkshire, and Chester white are bedding in open bars! They should develop fine marbling and flavor, so the conditions must be appropriate 24/7!
Omaha Steaks beef is USDA approved, world-class, and juicy! Both Omaha Steaks and ButcherBox use vacuum-wrap system taking out all oxygen from the meat – that’s how it gets dark brown color. Before cooking, you should unpack it and re-expose to the air to get back a marvelous red color! Note, color, in this case, doesn’t mean the quality is changed!
Meat variety with ButcherBox includes a 100% grass-fed and grass-finished beef, free-range organic chicken and heritage breed pork. Meat is paleo-friendly and free from added antibiotics/hormones!
Omaha Steaks Menu includes eight food & wine categories, including a variety of steaks, meats, BBQs, and seafood! Alongside are meal kits, desserts, and wines – Red, White, and Sparkling ones! The preparation of meal kits is depending on your choice and goes from under 15 minutes to over two hours of cooking! ButcherBox doesn’t support the shipment of anything more than meat cuts! They do have a section for recipes, tips & tricks if you lack ideas!
Both Omaha Steaks and ButcherBox use a flash-and-freeze technique to pack steaks at the peak of their freshness. That way, all the juices, and flavors will stay vacuumed with meat until you unpack and cook it! Omaha Steaks packaging includes dry ice inside of a reusable cooler to keep everything frozen during transport. Additional fees refer to special delivery options – Express, Rush, and Saturday Rush!
ButcherBox packaging materials are biodegradable or recyclable, either way – eco-friendly! Inside of each box is the precise amount of dry ice, calculated according to the delivery location. After getting a confirmation email with the order number, you can track your box!
Customer Support & Service
- Switching plans – Having friends over for dinner? Not a problem with Omaha Steaks! Make a change and switch to a bigger order!
- Cancellation – Without subscription policy at Omaha Steaks, no need for cancellation.
- Refunds – Customer satisfaction is critical to Omaha Steaks! If you are not completely satisfied, ask, and you will get a replacement or a refund.
- Gift – Choose between a Gift Card and Gift Basket and purchase it online!
- Free Trial – Company offers promotions, no free trials!
- Customizable – All delivery details are customizable.
- Switching plans – Switch from one to another monthly Box easy and free-of-charge on your account!
- Cancellation – Skip, pause or cancel monthly order before the deadline or you will be charged for that month-order!
- Refunds – Not completely satisfied for a good reason? Contact Customer Service by email within seven days of delivery. You can get a replacement for the Products, credit, or a partial/full refund! The company may ask for photos of those damaged items.
- Gift – Send to someone one of four Gift Boxes – Essentials, Wild Salmon, Super Box, or Ultimate BBQ Box!
- Free Trial – ButcherBox features promotional products and discounts for new members!
- Customizable – Customize your Tailored Box by choosing from 21 different cuts!
To sum it up, both ButcherBox and Omaha Steaks can provide you only the best-quality, USDA approved and grass-fed beef! Judging by the look and taste of their steaks – fine marbling, juicy and tender, you can’t be wrong whatever choice you make. However, if you need meals, soups & sides or wines, we advise you to look for the Omaha Steaks Site! Our winner in variety and meal options for today is Omaha Steaks!