This service is in business since 2013, and it’s based in Atlanta. Founder Hadi Irvani wanted to name it as a sweet fruit of Georgia soil, and to give meals characteristics of southern cuisine! Soon after that, PeachDish incorporated to company’s policy one more idea – only organic and Non-GMO ingredients from local purveyors! Make sure to check their website if you’re for real southern taste!
- Shipping Cost: $0-27*
- Average Price Per Meal: $12.50
- Delivery Area: 48 States
* Price depends on the State and Customer status (from 0-15$ for Subscribers; 12-27$ for Guest Customers)
In 2013, not long after it was established, their team was starting to grow! Ideas of home-cooking for your loved ones and reduction of food waste, altogether with passion and hard work, brought this meal kit service between top three in the USA! Because of the high demand, last year they gave an option for customers to buy Home Chef meals in certain grocery stores! See what suits you better and start looking at their menu!
- Shipping Cost: $0
- Average Price Per Meal: $8.97
- Delivery Area: 48 States
* Only for orders worth +$49; otherwise $10
Plan & Pricing
- Standard $12.5
• Servings: 2, 4, 6, 8, 12 • Kit Prices: $25 to $150
- 2-Person Plan $9.95 / serving
• Meals Per Week: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 • Kit Prices: $39.80 to $119.40
- 4-Person Plan $9.95 / serving
• Meals Per Week: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 • Kit Price: $79.60 to $238.80
- 6-Person Plan $9.95 / serving
• Meals Per Week: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 • Kit Price: $119.40 to $358.20
- Hearty Minestrone with Beef, Kale & White Beans
- Blackened Flank Steak Salad with Blue Cheese and Sweet Garlic Dressing
- Chocolate Croissant Bread Pudding
- Avocado and Tofu Sushi Bowl
- Orange Garlic Shrimp
- Adobo Chicken Enchiladas
Home Chef recipes are designed by creative chefs who manage to include ingredients and flavors from around the world but still simple enough so anyone can prepare them in 30 minutes. On the other hand, PeachDish is very southern-flavored, and yet there are no specialized Menus. Each week menu includes three seasonal meals, six meals changing from time to time, and category “Sweets.”
The first thing that needs to be done when ordering is to pick between Guest and Subscriber account! Both services have some dis/advantages, so make sure to read more on the website! PeachDish is specific in not having meal recipes separated into Plans. One more fact is serving number, which goes to twelve people per order/box! The minimum amount for orders is $45!
Home Chef weekly offers a variety of dinner meals, 5-minute-lunch recipes, fruity addons, and a section on their website for all-type-kitchenware! Lunch meal prices are $7.99 per serving and addons you can get for $4.95 per serving! They can serve six people max with one order twice to six times a week! Every order +$49 gets free delivery!
The Quality of the Ingredients
Both services work successfully for six years now, and one of the reasons is the quality of ingredients! Their suppliers are local, nearby farms, and ranchers who share the same idea of organic, Non-Gmo food! Customer can tell by the taste of meals that it tastes so much better when ingredients are carefully selected! Because of their transparent supplying chain, we say both companies win this category!
Customer reviews say that PeachDish portion size isn’t enough for an adult, while after eating Home Chef meal you’ll be full for hours! They have two Plans for weight-loss, with calorie amount of 250 or less. Neither of these companies offers specialized menus like keto or paleo, but they do offer complete customization of recipes! Now, about those reviews…Customer is always right, right? Home Chef takes another one!
PeachDish has Sweet Menu, which is an advantage for some customers! But, Home Chef has fruity addons which take 5 minutes to prep and are much healthier. HomeChef also offers a fantastic Lunch menu with meals from $7.99! Some of the meals on PeachDish Menu need to be slow-cooked for 175 minutes! So, it’s not so economical. Home Chef sells kitchenware, and again it’s clear who has more to give!
PeachDish was the first one who created their recycling-program! They even pack some food in fabric bags! But, their delivery prices are enormous (can go up to $27 per box)!
Home Chef is better rated than PeachDish, according to general reviews. Their plastic bags are now famous, grouping ingredients for each meal because it saves your time! Thumbs up for them, for being environment-friendly and budget-friendly!
Customer Support & Service
- Free Trial – From time-to-time company gives discount coupons!
- Gifts – Send love via PeachDish gift card, in digital or in classic form.
- Customizable – You can customize every recipe due to your needs/wishes!
- Cancellation – Customer can cancel their subscription free of charge until 11:59 pm/EST on Sunday before the scheduled delivery.
- Switching Plans – Customize, mix, and match recipes! Contact customer service by phone or do it on your account.
- Refunds – Company has a policy of giving returns if products have been damaged/defective or you didn’t get what you ordered!
- Free Trial – Sign up and get $20 discount on your first order! No free trials.
- Customizable – First step on you account sign-up is to select favorite ingredients and exclude ones you don’t prefer!
- Cancellation – Customer can pause or cancel a subscription by 11:59 pm/CST on Friday for the next week delivery!
- Switching Plans – All changes are free-off-charge when done on time! Mix and match recipes from different Plans!
- Gifts – There’re two methods for a gift card shipment: via email or old-way (on paper)!
- Refunds – Their policy is to give a customer refund in money or so-called “credit” for the next purchase!
For more information please follow our guide Home Chef Faq.
In conclusion, we can advise you to visit PeachDish website if you’re looking for specific southern flavors and food from local farmers! But, if you want weekly variety in meal recipes, worldwide flavors, weight-loss menus, and budget-friendly prices, don’t think twice – order Home Chef!