If you are out there looking for a real Southern cuisine, then stop looking because we are about to introduce you to PeachDish meal kit service! These meal recipes are going to wow you and then knock you off your feet (literally!) because some of them take 175 minutes to slow-cook!
- Shipping Cost: $0-27*
- Average Price Per Meal: $12.50
- Delivery Area: 48 States
*Price depends on the State and Customer status (from 0-15$ for Subscribers; 12-27$ for Guest Customers)
Whether you are a beginner or a home cook with long experience, the idea of this meal kit delivery service is for you! Inside of a Sun Basket box are fresh, organic, pre-measured ingredients with easy-to-follow guide how to prep meal within the next 30 minutes!
- Shipping Cost: $6.99
- Average Price Per Meal: $11.49
- Delivery Area: 47 States
Plan & Pricing
- Standard $12.5
• Servings: 2, 4, 6, 8, 12 • Kit Prices: $25 to $150
- Classic Plan $11.99 / serving
• Servings: 2, 4 • Price Per Serving: $11.99 • Meals Per Week: 2, 3, 4 • Kit Prices: $51.96 to $175.84
- Family Plan $10.99 / serving
• Servings: 4 • Price Per Serving: $10.99 • Meals Per Week: 2, 3, 4 • Kit Prices: $87.92 to $175.84
- Blackened Flank Steak Salad with Blue Cheese and Sweet Garlic Dressing
- Chocolate Croissant Bread Pudding
- Hearty Minestrone with Beef, Kale & White Beans
- Salmon With Roasted New Potatoes and Green Beans
- Grilled Steak with Roasted Poblanos and New Mexican Chile Sauce
- Steaks with Chimichurri and Harissa-Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Sun Basket is with a reason one of the most popular meal kit services! Amongst many pros, the first thing is the flavor, then easy preparation and offer of extra add-ons (snacks, breakfast, pantry).
Each week, Classic Menu gives you 18 amazing recipes. A serving option is 2 or 4 adults. The family menu has fewer options on Chef’s Choice Plan and Vegetarian Family Plan: 6 meals altogether. A serving option is four adults with leftovers for young children.
Disadvantages are the average meal price (a bit higher), and also lack options on Family Menu. But, in this context maybe we shouldn’t even talk prices, because PeachDish is well-known by their meals and shipping high prices. Meals with ribbon icon on PeachDish Menu are with some kind of unique and special ingredient, so the price is even higher.
PeachDish features meal recipes weekly without separating into Plans. So, each week, you have three seasonal meals and six that change time-to-time, plus category “sweets.” You need to order from the account as Subscriber or Guest (extra shipping charge!) so make sure to check their website first.
This service is one of a kind due to their optional twelve-serving-dinners! So, if you have friends over for dinner, or you are a big family, then don’t hesitate (also our family reunion meal planning guide can help you)! The minimum amount for an individual order is 45$! Servings: two to twelve. Each week, Classic Menu gives you 18 amazing recipes. A serving option is 2 or 4 adults.
The family menu has fewer options on Chef’s Choice Plan and Vegetarian Family Plan: 6 meals altogether. A serving option is four adults with leftovers for young children.
Interested for more info? Check our Sun Basket vegan menu review.
The Quality of the Ingredients
Unlike Sun Basket, PeachDish isn’t a USDA Certified Organic Handler, but most of the products are organic, Non-GMO, picked up from Atlanta neighbour farms. PeachDish gets positive comments for their transparency in suppling (80% of products comes from Atlanta farms within 40 miles away). Sun Basket’s policy is to work only with suppliers who share their idea about organic food. Seafood is wild-caught, meat is antibiotic and hormone-free, fed with grass.
PeachDish website is full of information about each meal (amount of carbs, calories, proteins, and fats per portion). No matter what you order, Sun Basket meal is always dietitian-approved, perfectly balanced, and about 500-800 calories. Notice that if you are allergic or on an extreme gluten-free diet (check our tips for preparing gluten free meals), they both don’t recommend to order food due to contact with gluten and all major food allergens in the facilities!
While PeachDish is open to southern flavors, Sun Basket’s Chef makes weekly Menus inspired by world cuisines (Thai, Italian, Mediterranean, Mexican) so there’s always a meal for everyone’s taste! Chef’s house-made sauces and spice blends all together contribute to the recipe variety! Purpose of meal kit delivery is to give a lot of options and save time, but PeachDish is struggling in this segment!
Check for more:
Nowadays, it’s critical to be environmentally aware! PeachDish is the first service with their own recycling program! They even use fabric bags for some ingredients! But, don’t forget the PeachDish shipping price that can go up to 27$ per box!
Sun Basket box is insulated, food bags are labeled, and ice packs keep it cold. All materials are reusable or recyclable, with instructions on the box. Well done!
What to know before ordering check Sun Basket FAQ.
Customer Support & Service
- Switching Plans – It is easy to change plans, switch from seasonal to classic meals. Make a phone call, or do it on the website.
- Customizable – PeachDish offers many ways how to customize Meal Plans!
- Cancellation – All changes/cancellations must be done by Sunday at 11:59 PM EST.
- Gifts – Give the gift of PeachDish and surprise someone you love with most amazing meals! Send a Digital or Classic model of a gift card to a friend or family member.
- Free Trial – No free trials. Promo coupons from time-to-time.
- Refunds – You can return items if not being satisfied, and you will receive a refund.
- Switching plans – It’s effortless and free to switch between plans (make a call, do it on website or app).
- Customizable – You can customize your order the same way as switching plans.
- Cancellation – It is 100% free if you do it on Wednesday before delivery by Noon PST/3 pm EST (otherwise, the box is being delivered)
- Gifts – A gift card is an excellent way of sending love to someone, and it starts with the amount of 100$! Or surprise yourself and a friend with 40$ worth coupon using a “Refer-a-friend” program.
- Free Trial – No free trials, but you can get a discount (promo code) for your first order.
- Refunds – Sun Basket gives a 100% refund money if you are not happy with order in any reason (inform them max one week after the delivery date).
Sun Basket stays on top of the list for many strong reasons – first is undeniable food quality, a lot of Meal Plans, Diet Plans, worldwide cuisine flavors, and prices are average. But, we would recommend trying Peachdish not only because of their Sweet Menu, specific southern recipes but also for their organic vegetables and spices! So, in the end, we say the winner is Sun Basket but keep on going PeachDish!