Our Purple Carrot vs. Blue Apron Comparison for 2020
Not so many meal kit services are completely open towards plant-power philosophy. Purple Carrot is that, and even more! It’s scientifically proven how plants influence on our health and reduce many chronic diseases! You don’t need to be vegan to consider this company, and it’s ok if you order from time to time and strengthen your body and mind!
- Delivery Area: 48 States
- Average Price: $9.99 Per Meal
- Shipping Cost: Free Shipping
With Blue Apron, we all are on a lifelong journey of learning how to cook! Phrase “blue apron” used to be connected only to chefs. Nowadays, the idea of meal kit service allows you to prepare dinner for your family in one hour while using quality ingredients by your choice!
- Delivery Area: Enter your zip code and check on their website
- Average Price: $9.53 Per Meal
- Shipping Cost: Free*
*Shipping price for 2-serving meal, twice a week, is $7.99 per box
Plan & Pricing
- 2 Serving Plan $11.99 / serving
Servings: 2; Meals Per Week: 3; Kit Price: $71.94
- 6 Serving Plan $7.99 / serving
Servings: 6; Meals Per Week: 2; Kit Price: $95.88
- Signature/Freestyle/or Vegetarian for 2 Plan $9.99 / serving
Servings: 2; Meals Per Week: 2, 3; Kit Prices: $47.95 to $59.94
- Signature for 4 Plan $8.15 / serving
Servings: 4; Meals Per Week: 2, 3,4; Kit Prices: $71.92 to $119.84
- The Perfect Oven-Roasted Vegetables
- Black Bean Quinoa Burgers
- Garden Veggie Pasta Salad
- Pizza with Mozzarella, Fontina, and Grana Padano Cheese
- Seared Steaks with Lemon-Parmesan Kale & Roasted Potatoes
- Togarashi Popcorn Chicken with Sweet Chili Cabbage Slaw
One thing we absolutely love about Purple Carrot is their website and the way they categorized meals so the customer can pick one in a short time! Addons are the perfect way to “spice up” your order, and also are easy to prepare. Both Blue Apron and Purple Carrot feature world-wide-cuisine flavors! Purple Carrot has the most delicious, healthy breakfast and snack recipes! Blue Apron, on the other hand, offers Wine Menu that complete recipes in a perfect way! Blue Apron is not only plant-oriented, so it will be wrong to say they have more options on the Menu! It’s a matter of personal choice in this case!
Purple Carrot features eight meal recipes on 2-serving-Plan and two different meal recipes on the 6-Serving-Plan each week. There are addons which cost 24$ each (breakfast serving four, and lunch serving two) and take 5-10 minutes to prep. Delivery is on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.
Blue Apron serves four people max with one order! Four types of Meal Plans serve two to four people. Prices are a bit different on 4 People Plan. Wine Menu is an option to get you wines monthly delivered!
The Quality of the Ingredients
By looking at both websites, you can see that Blue Apron is more passionate about ingredients quality and being transparent with the supplier’s informations. In fact, Purple Carrot’s main goal is people to become aware of the many advantages plant-based nutrition has. Blue Apron’s recipes all start with healthy organic and Non-GMO vegetables, sustainable seafood recommended by Seafood Watch, meat-free of hormones, and antibiotics. We vote for Blue Apron’s solid informations until shown differently!
We all like to know extra facts on our meal, even if we’re not on a specific diet! Blue Apron WWR Menu has labels/numbers on each recipe, Purple Carrot each meal is 500-800 calories/per serving. Both are balanced in protein, carbs, and fats and are with no doubt healthy!
Each week, both meal kit services offer same number of meals to pick. They both offer few Plans and customization of recipes. One difference is only one ingredient: meat. But, Purple Carrot has so many mouthwatering recipes that you can’t say no! If you’re not vegan, it’s ok to give it a try, or order monthly! Don’t hesitate to try out new things!
Some creative ideas you can get on the Purple Carrot website about reusing plastic containers (for example: make a plastic planter)! The packaging is almost entirely recyclable (look for detailed informations with instructions on website).
Blue Apron box is also very well insulated, food carefully packed in bags, jars, and containers. To conclude, both services put a lot of effort into packaging and environmental protection. Good job!
Customer Support & Service
- Switching Plans – You can switch between Meal Plans on 2-Serving-Plan. With 6-Serving there’s no other choice but two meals on that week menu.
- Cancellation – Timing is the same as with switching plans – always do it before 11:59 pm EST on Tuesday for the upcoming week!
- Refunds – It’s possible to get a refund!
- Gifts – Purple Carrot card with a certain amount of money is always a perfect gift!
- Free Trial – Every customer gets 20% discount on their first order!
- Customizable – All meals are customizable except ones on 6-Serving-Plan.
Make a few steps to surprise someone – pick the amount of money, write a message, and choose a form of gift card (email or pdf to print)! In case of not being satisfied with products, contact company for a refund within seven days- by email or phone.
- Switching plans – Very fast and easy by email or phone!
- Cancellation – Easily done – just contact customer support and cancel the order!
- Refunds – Contact customer support and follow steps of refund procedure!
- Gift – Surprise someone old-school way (paper card) or by email! A gift card is non-refundable!
- Free Trial – Customer gets three meals for free on their first order!
- Customizable – Every meal can be customized!
If a customer in any reason isn’t happy with the products, they must be sent back to the company’s warehouse in original condition and packaging for further refund procedure.
Let us say again how hard it is to compare these two meal kit services! Blue Apron definitely has more Menu options to offer with all those gourmet-meat recipes, but also, Purple Carrot amazes us in what they do best – plants! Maybe we should look at the scientific facts again: “Plant-based nutrition reduces risk of diabetes, heart disease, and high blood pressure”! It doesn’t have to be every meal each day of the year! You can enjoy in flavors you love and still do good for your body! Anyhow, let’s put an end to this neverending comparison! More meal options on the Menu for the customers and we have to say: go Blue Apron!