When you think of healthy foods, you’re probably thinking about broccoli or avocado. And if you’re watching your diet, you’ve probably had enough of those already, Right?
Eating the same meals every day is not only boring, but you could be missing out on ingredients that provide disease-fighting antioxidants and vital nutrients. But sometimes, we just don’t have enough time to shop, prepare and cook food every single day.
Luckily, meal delivery services like Diet to Go allows you to enjoy a personalized selection of ready-to-eat, delicious and healthy dishes based on your long-term goals, preferences, and taste.
Here are some of the most unusual and most healthy foods you didn’t know of before which you should definitely try. They are all both tasty and nutritious.
1. RomanescoVitamin C, K+ Antioxidants The Roman cauliflower. A nutty & delicious form of broccoli with a characteristic shape.
2. OcaVitamin C, Potassium+ Excellent source of ironSweet, sweet potatoes. Originally from the Andes of South America.
3. Enoki MushroomsRich with antioxidants, Great source of protein and fiberCrazy healthy less known mushrooms, very popular in Asian cuisine.
4. KohlrabiVitamin C, B+ MagnesiumThe type of cabbage you’ve never seen before. Tasty both cooked or raw.
5. Starfruit Vitamin C, ARich with fiberVery popular in India and Philippines, good for blood sugar and digestive system.
6. Dragon fruitVitamin C+ Full of good fatty acids and AntioxidantsAlso known as Pitya, a great addition to your breakfast smoothie.
7. Maqui BerrySuperfoodAmazing source of antioxidantsMaqui berry, also called the cancer-crusher, is one of the newest superfoods out there.
8. Azuki beansZinc+ Iron, Magnesium, PotassiumVery popular in Chinese cuisine, a great source of folic acids.
9. SunchokeVitamin C, B+ PotassiumAlso known as Jerusalem artichoke, but they are in fact originally from North America.
10. CherimoyaVitamin C, B+ MagnesiumAlso known as a “custard apple,” Mark Twain called them “deliciousness itself.”
11. PummeloVitamin C+ Magnesium, PotassiumLooks like grapefruit, but is much sweeter and larger in size.
12. Kiwano melonVitamin A, B, C+ Iron MagnesiumAlso known as the horned melon, tastes like kiwi, lime and banana combined.
e done the research and made a list of the best meal kit deliveries for singles.
Feel free to embed the infographic on your own website with the code below:
<a href=”https://www.mealdeliveryexperts.com”><img src=”https://www.mealdeliveryexperts.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/12-Healthy-Foods-You%E2%80%99re-Missing-Out-3.png” alt=”Meal Delivery Experts” /></a>