Wonderslim vs. Nutrisystem: Meal Kit Comparison for 2020
Wonderslim provides balanced snacks, meals and drinks to help people with weight loss without missing out on important nutrients. Their meals are created by expert dieticians, allowing people to lose weight in a healthy way.
- Delivery Area: 50 States
- Average Price: $1.73 per serving
- Shipping Costs: $0 (free for $69+ dollar orders)
Nutrisystem offers healthy and nutritious meals scientifically-designed to help people lose weight in a safe, effective way. Their meals and snacks enable people to eat frequently in a balanced, moderate way.
- Delivery Area: 50 States
- Average Price: $3.07
- Shipping Costs: $0 (for a la carte frozen food and non-frozen food orders of $50+)
Plan & Pricing
- Essentials Plan $1.83 / serving
4 servings per day; 2, 4, 8 and 12 week plans available; 4 week plan price: $205
- Classic Plan $1.74 / serving
5 servings per day; 2, 4, 8 and 12 week plans available; 4 week plan price: $243
- Complete Plan $1.63 / serving
7 servings per day; 2, 4, 8 and 12 week plans available; 4 week plan price: $319
- Basic Plan $2.64 / serving
4 servings per day; 4 week plan available; 4 week plan price: $295
- Core Plan $2.86 / serving
4 servings per day. 4 week plan available; 4 week plan price: $320
- Uniquely Yours $3.22 / serving
4 servings per day; 4 week plan available; 4 week plan price: $360
- Uniquely Yours Plus $3.57 / serving
4 servings per day; 4 week plan available; 4 week plan price: $400
- Spicy Cheese ‘n Pasta
- Chili with Beans
- Vegetarian Sloppy Joe
- Cheese Steak Macaroni
- Broccoli & Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Mac and Cheese
- Meatloaf Sandwich
- Meatballs in Marinara Sauce
Both services offer options specially designed for vegetarians and diabetics, and also provide for vegans, coeliacs, and dairy allergy sufferers.
Although both Nutrisystem and Wonderslim offer a wide variety of products, many of Wonderslim’s options are meal replacement shakes, while Nutrisystem focuses more on solid foods. They offer four basic meal plans: Basic, Core, Uniquely Yours and Uniquely Yours Plus, with different options for men and women. Additionally, they provide a separate Vegetarian plan and Basic, Core and Uniquely Yours Plans tailored to diabetes sufferers.
Additionally, Nutrisystem delivers dinners, while Wonderslim gives a controlled list of groceries a customer can use to cook dinner in line with their diet plan. Included in the Essentials, Classic and Complete plans, Wonderslim offers options for men, women, nursing mothers and diabetes sufferers. They offer a combination of meal replacements, meals, and ingredient delivery for dinner preparation from a set menu.
Given that Wonderslim relies a lot on meal replacements for their options, our preference here is Nutrisystem.
The Quality of the Ingredients
Wonderslim boasts meals made in FDA-inspected facilities in the USA and many of its products are free from aspartame. However, Nutrisystem promises products free from artificial flavors, colors, sweeteners and high-fructose corn syrup. They also guarantee their meals’ alignment with USDA Dietary Guidelines. Once again, the winner here is Nutrisystem.
Both of these services encourage eating frequent, but small portions. Although Wonderslim’s calorie count is 1,000-1,700 calories per day (depending on the plan), these calories are distributed over 6 portions a day. Additionally, they offer supplements to be taken as part of the diet plan.
The Nutrisystem plan also allows you to eat 6 meals a day, with a maximum of 300 calories per serving. Their meals and snacks are low in calories but high in protein and fibre. Although both services are pretty evenly matched in this category, we have to go with Wonderslim for providing supplements to make sure their customers have all the nutrients they need.
As mentioned above, a big difference between Wonderslim and Nutrisystem is that Wonderslim does not provide dinner meals, but rather guidelines for acceptable ingredients to use while preparing dinner. Hence, with Wonderslim, the variety of your recipes depends on you to an extent. When it comes to other meals, they offer classic American favourites: oatmeal and granola for breakfast, chilli and sloppy joes for lunch, and cheesecake and cookies for dessert.
Nutrisystem also offers classics such as waffles and muffins, hamburgers and stew, while also providing options from world cuisines on its lunch and dinner menus, particularly Italian and Mexican food. In this category, it’s a matter of personal preference as both services offer a delicious variety of meals. As for us, we’re going for Nutrisystem once again for a slightly wider variety in cuisines.
Both Wonderslim and Nutrisystem deliver to all 50 States, and both offer free shipping over a certain price. For Wonderslim this is $69 and while for Nutrisystem it’s $50. Wonderslim also delivers internationally to several countries, including the United Kingdom, Ireland, New Zealand and Japan.
They also take care to prevent damage being done to food on shipment in very warm weather conditions. In this category, it’s Wonderslim who takes home the medal.
Customer Support & Service
- Switching Plans — Switching plans is possible.
- Cancellation – Possible at any time, as long as the next scheduled delivery hasn’t been processed.
- Refunds – Within the US, Wonderslim offer a 150% money-back guarantee within 60 days of purchase. It is also possible to exchange products.
- Gifts – Offers coupons and a rewards program with discounts of 10% on every online order. They also have a friend referral programme.
- Free Trial – The service doesn’t offer free trials but offers coupons and several kinds of discounts.
- Customizable – All of Wonderslim’s plans can be customized.
Wonderslim gives customers the option of not subscribing, although subscription has the advantage of saving some money on orders. If subscribed, it’s possible to cancel or to skip a deliver as long as you check it with the support team. If your next delivery has already been processed, it can’t be cancelled.
- Switching Plans — Possible at any time with Nutrisystem. Needs to be done before 6pm EST on the day before the next auto-delivery shipment.
- Cancellation — Can be done at any time but only by phone call.
- Refunds — The company can issue refunds or credits to unsatisfied customers.
- Gifts — The company offers discounts and coupons on a regular basis to its customers.
- Free Trial — Nutrisystem doesn’t offer a free trial but provides several discounts to new customers.
- Customizable — Possible to customize, particularly with the Uniquely Yours Plan
Nutrisystem gives customers the option of one of purchases or regular deliveries. Cancellation is easy, but must be done by telephone. It’s also easy to change or pause a subscription as long as it’s done before 6pm EST on the day before your next auto-delivery shipping day.
Both Nutrisystem and Wonderslim provide safe, effective weight-loss meal plans with numerous options and a lot of flexibility for customers. While Wonderslim is great for people who like a quick nutritional shake to fill them up during a busy day, Nutrisystem is better for those who need something to bite down on.
However, in ensuring their ingredients are of the highest quality and free from artificial additives, as well as providing dinner options from various world kitchens, Nutrisystem is our personal choice.